Place de la Nation is a vast circular crossroads showing "The Triumph of the Republic" erected in 1875. It is a bronze statue by Jules Dalou which shows the Republic hoisted on a chariot pulled by lions representing Liberty and Work. Previously, the square was called "du Trône" because of a ceremonial throne installed to accommodate the just married Louis XIV and Marie-Thérèse of Austria. During the French Revolution, the place du Trône was overthrown and served as a place of execution during the Terror. Named Place de la Nation on July 14, 1880, the site is the center of many union parades today. Virtual visits furnished apartments in Nation of Paris.